Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 9 Newsletter

Dear TK Family and Friends,

Happy Red Ribbon Week!  I like to focus on keeping a healthy body during Red Ribbon Week instead of focusing on the concept of 'say no to drugs'.

This week we will talk about / learn:

  • Letter Cc
  • Number 8
  • Position Words (above, below, left, right, top, bottom, under, over....)
  • Healthy Bodies
  • Spiders
  • God made all things good
  • Halloween
I hope you all received the school newsletter that was sent Sunday morning in your e-mail.  If you are not receiving it, please subscribe by going to the school's main website and subscribing to the newsletter.  This past newsletter shared information regarding Red Ribbon Week activities.  They are the following:

Tuesday, October 27th - Theme: "Aloha Means Hello...But Good-Bye To Drugs" Students may add Hawaiian accessories to their uniform. 

Wednesday, October 28th - Theme: "Drugs Are Whack!" Students may wear crazy socks and shoes.

Thursday, October 29th - Theme: "Fly Away From Drugs" Students may add super hero items to their uniform. 

Friday, October 30th - Theme: "Scare Away Drugs" Students may dress in their Halloween costume to show they are "scaring" away drugs.

This Friday is Halloween.  Students may come to school in their costumes.  Please make sure costumes are appropriate - no blood or anything that promotes violence.  It is best that you send a change of play clothes to school that your child can get comfortable in.  After the parade, students can change out of their costumes to be more comfortable to play and participate in the Halloween activities.

We have Halloween Activities planned for Friday, if you can come help and volunteer on Friday, please send Mrs. Garma and myself an email to let us know.  You do need to be fingerprinted and cleared to volunteer.  I will need most help between 9am-10:30 am.

This is just a friendly reminder that if you are picking up your child before 2:30 PM and it's not between the TK dimissal period (11:20 to 11:45), please go straight to the office and they will call the classroom to have the gate opened for you.  PLEASE DO NOT USE THE DAYCARE DOOR (the modular outside the gated area) as during school hours, that is Mrs. Liljeberg's Kindergarten class. We do not want to disturb her while she is in the middle of teaching.  Thank you for your cooperation.

I have to thank you so much for the little surprise shower that you all threw me on Friday.  I have felt so loved and my baby is lucky to have you all in her life.  This Friday will be my last day before I go on my leave.  Please keep me and my family in your prayers.  I plan to return around February.  In the meantime, Mrs. Collins will take my place.  Any questions or concerns, please address them to her.  You are more than welcome to email me to say hello and I will pop in for a blog update to say hello when I get a chance to.

Thank you so much!

Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment