Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 7 Newsletter

Dear TK Family and Friends,

This week we will:

  • Begin with our letter of the week starting with the letter Aa. 
  • Number 6
  • Position and Directional Words - In, out, above, below
  • Christopher Columbus
  • The Good Shepherd
  • Beginning, Middle, End of  a story
  • The Banner Over Me is Love - Song
  • Maps/Globes and Transportation
I hope your child enjoyed his or her extra day off.  We have been learning about the calendar and talked about Saturday and Sundays are no school days.  I told them they get to have an extra day off this week celebrating Christopher Columbus.  We will be discussing who he is, maps/globes, and transportation in relation to Christopher Columbus.

This week is Parent Teacher Conferences.  I will be discussing your child's progress reports with you at that time.  Please do your best to be on time as I have to try to stay on track as well.  I have many back to back appointments.  If you feel that 15 minute block was not enough, please let me know and we can try to schedule a second conference.

Wednesday is HOPE.  Your child's red bags will be sent home today.  If you can, please send a full bag of food for those in need.  If you are unable, please return the bag even if it is empty.  Thank you.

The Fun Run is fast approaching.  If you have a canopy that you would like to share, please let me know.  I would love for your child to have shade to rest under.  The Fun Run begins at 3:30 and ends at 4:30.  I ask that you do not pull your child out from the Fun Run without letting me know.  All students must check out from me before going home.  This is for the safety of all my students.

Picture Make-up Day is tomorrow.  If you would like your child to have his/her photo retaken, please email me so that I know to send them for pictures.

HOMEWORK ALERT!
We are beginning a letter a week.  Starting this week, students will be asked to bring an item to show the class.  The item must begin with the letter Aa.  The item can be a drawing, a picture cut out, and an actual item.  I ask that all items have your child's name labeled on it.  We will begin on Thursday with students numbers 1-9 and Friday with students 10 - 19.  I will ask each child to come up, say their name and tell us what item they brought.


If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Have a great week!
Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment