Tuesday, March 3, 2015

TK Newsletter

TK working really hard on their Dr. Seuss assignment:  "I don't like..."


Dear TK Family and Friends,

This week we are learning:
  • Baptism: John baptized Jesus; We are part of the Church family
  • Dr. Seuss' books
  • The letter Qq
  • Words that begin with Qq
  • Qq has a friend - lowercase "u".  They like to stand next to each other.
  • The sound that Qq makes
  • Number 19 
  • Count to 30 
  • How many groups of 10 are in the number 19.  How many are not in a group of ten?  For example:  In the number 19, there are 1 group of ten and 9 by it self.  This is introducing place values.
  • Position words - left, right, top, bottom, before and after, under, over.
  • Social Studies - Who is Dr. Seuss?
  • Science - Green Vegetables and fruits
This week begins the third trimester.  I can't believe that we are really approaching the last third of the year!  I have seen so much growth with the class as a whole.  When reflecting back to September, I can see how much your child has grown in such short period of time.  From not knowing their ABCs to be able to identify their letters, to reading sight words.  In math, I can see that they can identify so many of their numbers and match them with the appropriate pictures.  I am just impressed!

We are having our WASC visitation this week.  Your child loves compliments so I do have to tell you, they have been very polite and know when to ignore a visitor in the classroom.  It's very hard for TK kids not to say hello when someone enters our door.  They are doing very well pretending our special visitor is not in the room.  Way to go TK!

If you ordered Scholastic Books, it is already being shipped and I expect the package to arrive this week.  I will send them home as soon as I get them.  This month, Scholastic sent me 5 different catalogs.  I would love to share these catalogs with you in case you decide to order.  I will submit the orders on Friday, March 14.  You can order online by going to this link.

This is a reminder of the book share for next week.  Remember the order:
Monday - 1-4
Tuesday - 5-8
Wednesday - 9-12
Thursday - 13-16
Friday - 17-20

When selecting a book to share, keep in mind that this week we are celebrating Dr. Seuss. Considering sharing a book written or illustrated by Dr. Seuss.  This is optional, but highly encouraged.

I will be putting extra resources for printing and number writing practice.  I am noticing that some of the children are having a difficult time with writing some of the letters that we have already studied.  I will give you a letter break down of which letters your child needs to work on as we approach report card time later this month.  Your child should be able to write letters Aa to Pp and numbers 0 - 9 as of today.

Upcoming March Adult Volunteers:
3/4: Aaron
3/5: Michael
3/10: Gavin
3/12: Michael
3/17: Aiden, Makayla
3/18: Joshua
3/19: Michael
3/20: Kendall
3/24: Gavin
3/25: Joshua
3/26: Michael
3/27: Kendall, Alexa
3/31: Gavin

I hope you are finding this website to be really helpful!

Have a great rest of the week!
Mrs. Paragas






No comments:

Post a Comment