Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 10 Newsletter

Dear TK Parents and Friends,

I hope you enjoyed your Halloween night!  The kids truly enjoyed last week's Halloween festivities. I saw many of you and your children at Trunk or Treat.  It's nice to see families having fun!

On Thursday, we will be having our Annual Fun Run.  As mentioned in the previous newsletter, I will not be at school that day.  Mrs. Gigi Reyes will cover the class during the Fun Run along with parent volunteer help. 

While I am out, Mrs. Collins will cover my class.  During my maternity last year, Mrs. Collins became my long term sub.  She is an amazing woman.  Please make her feel welcomed to TK as she is truly an asset to me.

This Friday is a teacher's in-service day.  I hope your child enjoys his/her day off!

Book Order forms were sent home today.  I do encourage you to order books through the schools' book fair that will take place next week.  However, if you find a book that you like but is not being sold at the book fair, you are more than welcome to order books through Scholastic.  Since the Fair is next week, I will collect the order forms by Friday. Nov. 11 to give you a chance to browse the book fair before ordeing.

This week's goals:

Theme: USA, Voting, Patriotism

Religion - Saints: What is a saint? 
Math - Number 6 (we are behind since last week was a...TOO MUCH FUN!)
Language Arts - Letter f, words that begin with the /f/ sound, alphabet recognition (lower and uppercase), 
Sight Words: A, I, see, can
Social Studies - USA

Share Topic for the Month: 
Fall/Autumn, Thanksgiving, Family

Students should begin their presentation with:
Good morning, my name is....
I am sharing something about ______________.
Here are my clues.
1.
2.
3.

Today I am going to share with you what I am thankful for
Beginning next week, here is the schedule of presentation: (I am using your child's student number)
Nov. 7 - 19 & 20
Nov. 8 - 17 & 18
Nov. 9 - 15 & 16
Nov. 10 - 13 & 14
Nov. 11 - 11 & 12
Nov. 14 - 9 & 10
Nov. 15 - 7 & 8 
Nov. 16 - 5 & 6
Nov. 17 - 3 & 4
Nov. 18 - 1 & 2

During our Share Presentation, your child needs to bring a visual (a photo, drawing, object or other "thing")  The item must fit in your child's tote bag.

Here is an example of a presentation:
Good morning, my name is Mrs. Paragas.
I am sharing something about Thanksgiving.  Here are my 3 clues:
1.  It is an animal
2.  It has feathers
3.  Some people eat it on Thanksgiving.
What did I bring?


Happy November!
Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment