Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 4 Newsletter

Dear TK Family,

As I type this, the clouds are in and it's pretty gloomy outside - a little autumn tease!  I hope you are enjoying the last few days of the summer season!

This week's goals:

Theme: Friendship

  • Religion - Jesus' Friends
  • Math 
    • Calendar (days of the week, months of the year, counting to 30)
    • Number: 2 (counting, writing, finding the number two around us)
    • Attributes: color, size, shape, quantity, sorting objects
  • Reading
    • Story: Huggapotamus, The Crayon Box That Talked
    • Poem: The Wheels on the Bus
    • Vocabulary:
      • delight: Great pleasure; joy
      • waddling: To walk in short steps; back and forth
      • spotted: To notice or catch sight of
      • skidded:  Suddenly slide sideways
      • sigh: To breathe out a long breath
    • What is a character?
    • Parts of a Book
    • Rhyming words
    • Alphabet Recognition - Aa-Ii 
  • Science - Primary Colors
  • Social Studies - Friendship; building a friendly relationship with our peers; School Rules; Fire Safety

Our Room Parents
Mr. and Mrs. Rozak and Mrs. Hulgreen have stepped up to be the TK Room Parents.  I am excited to bring them on board as this year will be full of fun.  I need as much parental involvement to make it all happen.  

Our Room Parents are collecting e-mails.  I have a clipboard with your child's name next to the Sign In/Out binder.  I do not want to just hand out your e-mails without your permission.  I will go through the list this week, if you haven't filled out your e-mail, I will contact you directly.

Class Photographer
Mrs. Castillo will archive all our TK Photos.  If you have photos taken at school that you'd like her to collect, please e-mail it to her at valeriecastillo@me.com.

Mrs. Castillo is a professional photographer.  She has graciously offered to take photos of the class through the year.  She would like to get permission from you  to photograph your child.  I will send a note in your child's folder.  The photos that she will take will be archived and will be accessible only to the TK parents.

I will e-mail you the link and password to this area.

Birthday Celebration
On Friday, September 30, those with children whose birthday is in the month of September will celebrate their birthday.  I still encourage you to pack a snack for your child with the expectations of your child NOT eating it.  Sometimes the children are not interested in eating the provided snack or are still hungry after the snack, so having a default snack in their bag is helpful.

Emergency Clothes 
If you have not turned in your child's emergency clothes, please do so ASAP.  Place it in a gallon size Zip-loc bag with your child's name on the outside and on the items.

Donation of your time/Talent/Child's clothes
Uniforms are expensive!  I am looking for someone who knows how to sew a simple child's apron/smock to cover their uniform?  I can purchase fabric if you would let me know how much you would need to make about 5 aprons/smocks.  If I can't get anyone to sew (or find time to sew!), do you have any old t-shirts?  I'd like a size small child's t-shirt.  These shirts could be one of your older children's over-used, extra loved shirts.

Make-up Picture Day
If your child was absent or if you did not like how your child's initial photos turned out.  You have another chance!  Picture make-up day is October 26.

Classroom Volunteers
I will put a calendar out for parents to volunteer throughout the year.  I will put October's calendar out.  Please only reserve a spot once you have been cleared to volunteer with Mrs. Maxon.  Volunteers are to help supervise the children, prepare class materials, and work with small groups in and outside the classroom.

I am also looking for a volunteer to come every Tuesday (or split this with one or two other parents) to help with the Atrium of the Good shepherd.  I'd like to keep some type of consistency on Tuesdays.  Let  me know if you are interested.

All help is appreciated. :)


Have a great week!

Mrs. Paragas




No comments:

Post a Comment