Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 3 Newsletter

Dear TK Family,

We are in Week 3 of TK!  I am slowly seeing the difference between the first week and today.  I am proud of our achievement thus far.  The last 2 weeks was about establishing routine.  This week, we want to continue practicing routine, but also infuse more of the academic portion.

Ms. Cuellar will be out every Monday and Tuesday, starting today for the next 7 weeks.  Ms. Cuellar is in the last portion of her teaching credential program.  Please keep her in your prayers.  Meanwhile, I am fortunate that Mrs. Stella Lares will assist me on Monday and Tuesday.  Ms. Stella, as the children call her, jumped into TK today.  She did very well with learning your child's name and working with them.

Our goals for the week:

  • Religion - Jesus' Apostles; We are His friends; How are we friends with each other?
  • Reading - Letter Recognition Aa-Ee; Alphabet song; words vs. letters; Rhyming; Poems
  • Math - Attributes such as color, size, type, sorting; Number 1
  • Social Studies - Patriotism; our flag
  • Science - Colors
  • Safety - We will practice fire drills and earthquake drills (please remind them that as much as they are a drill, we need to take it seriously). 
Don't forget - 

  • Picture Day is Wednesday.  If you plan to order pictures, be sure to have your order forms with money by Wednesday morning.
  • HOPE Food Drive - Once a month, students will take home a tote bag.  Families are asked to bring in non-perishable food donation.  You are welcome to bring more than what can fit in their HOPE bags.
  • Parent Volunteers - If you are fingerprinted and Safe-Environment trained, please let me know by email so that I can "clear" your name with Mrs. Maxon.  Once I hear from her, I will create my "master list" of parents that can be on campus to help me.   
  • Newsletter - I will try to update this website at least once a week.  For the most part, I will have our newsletter ready sometime on Tuesday (evening at the latest).  Sometimes I do forget what day it is (especially when there is no school on Monday).  Please be patient in an event I do forget.
  • Scholastic Book Order - If you plan to order books, please be sure to have orders completed by Friday at noon.
Have a great week!


God's Blessings,
Mrs. Paragas




No comments:

Post a Comment