Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Week 3 Newsletter

Dear TK Family and Friends,

We are in Week 3 of TK!  The children are settling in well and are getting the hang of the routine.  I have seen so much progress in just the last 2 weeks.

I just wanted to thank all the parents who have met with me for our Back to School Night Conference.  I appreciate the time and the valuable information that you have shared with me.  I can't wait to make a difference in your child's life!

This week we will learn:
  • How are you a friend? How are you a friend to Jesus?
  • Learn the Sign of the Cross
  •  5 Senses
  • Apples
  • Letters Ii - Ll (Review all previous letters)
  • Attributes: Shapes, Size, Matching Quantities and Problem Solving Strategies
  • Grandparents
TK Website/School Newsletter
I really do hope all parents are reading the newsletter/blog on a regular basis.  Please check at least once in the evening in case I post something in the afternoon.  Any feedback is appreciated.  Please know that I will not be sending home paper newsletters or notices unless it's a last minute important message (rarely!).  I do expect (and will assume) parents and guardians will take the time to read this website as there are a lot of very important information being shared.

The School also have a newsletter that is emailed directly to you every Sunday morning.  If you are not receiving that, please go to the school website and subscribe.  Here is the link: http://stischoolcypress.org/subscribe/

Future Events are listed in the School Newsletter.  For example, the Fun Run, Trunk or Treat and the Parish Craft Fair has already been discussed in the newsletter.  If you are unaware of that, please subscribe!

Tote Bags
At this point in the year, everyone has purchased a tote bag.  Please make sure your child's bag has his/her name permanently visible on the outside of the bag.  You may either embroider, iron on, or paint your child's name on the outside of the bag or you can simple attach a luggage tag.  Please take care of this by the end of the week.  Thank you.

Snacks
I have noticed a couple families have been sending glass containers with their child to hold their snack.  Please use non-breakable containers as even the Pyrex glass has shattered.  Consider using plastic, aluminum, or a Thermos to contain your child's snack.

Uniform
This pertains to the girls.  Please refrain from using other colors other than red, navy blue, white (or a combination of those colors),  No pink, purple or other colors other than those stated may be allowed to be worn at school.
   
To read more about the Uniform, please download the St. I Handbook p. 23-24 (PDF page 25 - 26).

HOPE Food Drive
Stewardship is an important aspect at St. I.  We take pride in helping others, both in and outside our community.  This Wednesday is the first HOPE Food Drive.  As a school, we collect non-perishable food items that will be donated to those people who are in financial need.  Please send a grocery bag to school with food items you'd like to donate by Wednesday morning.  I highly encourage your child to help pick out something to bring... every can counts!

Picture Day
This Wednesday is Picture Day.  Students are to come in their uniform.  If you plan to order pictures, you must have the money and order form ready first thing in the morning on Wednesday (you can turn them in earlier if you'd like).  Purchasing pictures is optional; but all students will have their photos taken.

Scholastic Book Order
If you plan to order books from Scholastic, please make sure to have your orders in by this Friday.
Click here to get more information regarding the book order.

Homework 
The homework I am about to post will be grouped by month.  Please download the month and work on the assignments accordingly.  The assignments in the packet can be challenging or easy depending on your child's level.  I ask that you supplement as you see fit.  Again, homework in TK is optional. The best kind of homework is the kind your child enjoys - consider having more "play-like homework" such as playing in sand, helping with cooking, doing chores (teaching responsibility), playing at the park, riding a bike, giving directions (such as giving steps - first, second, next, then, last) and so forth.

Please Note:  I also ask that when you download the homework, that you do not share the file outside our classroom.  I only purchased one license for the homework to share only with my students. Sharing the digital file outside of my class will violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

FISH Hours
I remember a parent asking me about FISH Hours.  I verified it with Mrs. Maxon and here is what she said:

  • If you have a TK student but no other children in the school, you DO NOT have to do FISH hours.
  • If you have a TK students AND another student or students in the school in grades K to 8, you DO have to complete your FISH Hours.  
Let me know if this does not make sense to you.  I can help clarify. 



If you have any questions, let me know.  Have a great week!

Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment