Tuesday, June 2, 2015

TK Newsletter

THIS WAS UPDATED ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 - Regarding Birthday Snacks.

Dear Family and Friends,

We've made it to June!  This week we will:


  • Review all letters (sounds, writing it, words associated with it, recognition)
  • Numbers 0 to 30 (count)
  • Number 0 to 10 (recognize)
  • Numbers 0 to 100 (by tens)
  • Adding and subtracting up to 5.
  • All TK sight words
  • Prayer Review (Sign of the Cross, Glory Be, Hail Mary, Our Father)
  • Joseph, Jesus' Step-father
  • Ocean animals, habitat, food chain, levels of the ocean
  • People and taking care of the ocean
  • Song: God Bless America
  • Skipping/Hopping/Galloping
These last few weeks are going to go by fast, especially with all our festivities.  Let me highlight some of those activities.

Friday, June 5 - Field Day
  • All TK students are to wear a sports-related t-shirt.  If your child does not own a sports-related t-shirt, a plain t-shirt will work.  Also, you are welcome to wear the Fun Run or St. I T-shirt.  It will more than likely be a warm day, so I ask that your child wears shorts with comfortable tennis shoes.  We will be doing a lot of movement activities and exercises.  Shoes that fit perfectly will be the safest.
  • Field Day will begin at 9:00 am and end by 10:30 am
  • TK will be split into 2 groups.  We are combining TK and K.  Half of TK will be with Mrs. Cierley, while half of Mrs. Cierly's class will be with me.
  • Snack will be at 10:30 - please provide your child with a normal snack.  In addition to the normal snack, there will be a snack bar available.  I will provide you with an envelope for you to put your child's money for the snack cart.  I ask that you send no more than $2.
  • I do have a couple volunteers already signed up for field day.  If you are a volunteer, I ask that you meet in front of the classroom by 9:00 am.  Volunteers will assist with all activities including snack.
Thursday, June 11 -  Inside the Outdoors
  • Inside the Outdoors (on campus field trip) will be at 10:00.  I will be sending home a permission slip that states that you give your child permission to be part of the presentation.  Please be sure I have this back by no later than next Tuesday, June 9.
Friday, June 12 - TK/K Picnic
  • Picnic will begin at 9:00 am
  • Parents are welcome to set up a canopy or umbrella, bring beach towels and/or lawn chairs, etc.
  • Parents are welcome to bring food to share.
  • TK and K will have snack and lunch provided (pizza, snack, and drink).
  • TK will end their picnic at 11:30, however, if you wish to stay longer, you may.  I will have TK line up and you may pick up your child from me and continue your picnic at 11:30.
  • If you wish to volunteer for the picnic, please e-mail me.  Volunteers will help with games, serve food, and general supervision of all children.
  • Who may attend?  All family may attend the picnic.  Only those that volunteer to assist with the children must be fingerprint cleared and safe-environment trained.
Wednesday, June 17 - Last Day of School
  • TK will attend their first All School Mass.
  • Students will be dismissed at 11:30.
I have posted a lot of information in this week's newsletter.  If anything is unclear, please email me and I will try to clarify as best as I can.

I will no longer be posting homework for the rest of the school year.  I ask that you continue to review all TK skills in these last 2 weeks.

Have a great week!

Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment