Tuesday, May 26, 2015

TK Newsletter

Dear TK Family and Friends,

I woke up this morning and checked my calendar and WOAH!  We have less than a month of school left.  The kids are really excited about being in Kindergarten and I keep hyping up the idea of them being the bigger kids next year.  As I watch them each day, I can help but feel proud of how much they have grown academically, but even more so, socially and spiritually.  They entered TK unaware of most of their peers and now, we have become family that will journey on together to 8th grade.  I am so excited for them and honored to have been their first teacher at St. Irenaeus!

This week we will focus on:

  • Letters Xx and Zz - Yes, we made it!!
  • Number 29, but we will be including 30 too.
  • Mary, Our Mother/Hail Mary/Rosary
  • Insects:  Life Cycles, body parts, and the importance of their existence
  • Patriotism: Honoring those men and women who worked so hard for our freedom and are now in heaven; singing songs about America
  • Sight Words - all of the TK List

Don't forget this week is our Hail Mary Presentation.  All students are asked to recite the Hail Mary in front of their peers.  So far, all of the kids are doing great!  I can see they have practiced REALLY hard!  Great job!

Events for your calendar:

  • Field Day will be on Friday, June 5.  (Field day will end at 10:30am for TK/K)
    • TK students are to wear sports theme related T-shirts/jerseys.  If they do not own a sports theme shirt, the St. I T-shirt, Fun Run shirt, or an every day T-shirt will work.  Please pair it with shorts and tennis shoes that are the right size for your child.
    • Please send a snack to school like usual, however, students can purchase additional treat at the Snack Bar.  
  • Thursday, June 11 - TK (on campus) Field Trip with Inside the Outdoors @10:15am
  • Friday, June 12 - TK/K Picnic (on campus) - you are more than welcome to join us.  However, I do need a couple parents to volunteer to help set up and supervise.  If you are interested, please let me know.
  • Last Day of School - Wednesday, June 17 - 11:30 am dismissal

I did not create a homework packet this week.  I suggest that you focus on the letters, numbers, Hail Mary, and Sight Words this week.  

Have a great week!

Mrs. Paragas



No comments:

Post a Comment