Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TK Newsletter

Dear TK Family and Friends,

We are in the 35th week of school!  The year is truly going by fast.  This week we will be covering the following:


  • Letter Xx and Yy - write, letter recognition, and sound
  • Number 28 but we are pushing up to 30.  
  • We ended our Seeds unit with flower blooms that bees love.
  • We began our Insect unit with Bees.
  • Insects have 3 body parts, 6 legs, and 2 feelers
  • We are still focusing on Mother Mary this week.
  • We are reciting Hail Mary and singing Gentle Women
  • We are learning patriotic songs this entire month - this week's song is Grand Ol' Flag.
  • All TK Sight words are being reviewed this week until the end of the year
Thank you for your response with the Yearbook Question.  It looks like almost all of you would like to purchase a yearbook.  This was just for the office to know how many to order.  The office will send home an official order form for the yearbook.  At that time, you can submit your payment.  Thanks again for your input.

The 8th Grade class will be selling Smencils (scented pencils) for $1.00 outside our class on Wednesday. If your child goes to daycare and you would like them to purchase a Smencil, please send money in an envelope and mark it "Smencil" and place it in your child's folder (please don't just drop it in the tote bag as these don't always get checked).

There are lots of TK and school events coming up.  
  • This coming Friday and Monday, we will have no school for a long Memorial Day Celebration/Remembrance.  Please keep all the men and women who have served and/or are currently serving our country.  Let's keep them always in our prayers. 
  • Field Day will be on Friday, June 5.  I will give more details regarding this, but if you'd like to volunteer to help, please let me know.
  • Thursday, June 11 - TK (on campus) Field Trip with Inside the Outdoors @10:15am
  • Friday, June 12 - TK/K Picnic (on campus) - you are more than welcome to join us.  However, I do need a couple parents to volunteer to help set up and supervise.  If you are interested, please let me know.
  • Last Day of School - Wednesday, June 17 - 11:30 am dismissal
Before I conclude this week's newsletter, I'd like to share with you some personal news.  My husband and I are expecting our first child this coming November.  I'm currently in my second trimester and thought I'd share the news before my wardrobe begins to change.  It's been an exciting (and tiring) journey thus far.  I ask that you keep my soon-to-be little family of 3 in your prayers.

Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment