Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 8 Newsletter

Dear Parents,

I apologize that this newsletter is getting to you a day late.  It's been a whirlwind the last 2 weeks with lots of personal events that took place.  As a first time mommy, I have never experienced having a sick, teething child.  Let's just say on and off fevers that lasted a week, crying and fussing multiple times at night and the only thing that soothe her was holding and rocking her to sleep at 3am!   My journey through mommy-hood has made me even more compassionate with you as fellow moms and dads to little ones.  So when you are running late or are having a rough day, please understand that I know what it feels like and I do understand.  I am with you on this journey.

Secondly, I contacted some of you to reschedule your conference due to the passing of my uncle.  Please keep my mom and her siblings, as well as, my uncle's wife and family in your prayers.  It truly has been a rough 2 weeks.

If for some reason you are unable to make your appointment, please send me an email and I will work with you to find a time to meet.

Next Friday is the Halloween event at school.  If you are willing to assist in the classroom, I can take a couple parent/grandparent helper.  For our Halloween event, the children may come to school wearing their costumes.  I advise that you have your child wear play clothes underneath so that they can change after the morning parade.

Trunk or Treat will take place in the afternoon/evening on Friday, Oct. 28.

Our Fun Run is coming up.  Our Golden Honey Bear poster is hanging on our door.  I hope you admire it as much as we do!  Students turn in their Fun Run envelopes every Wednesday.  The entire school can wear their Fun Run shirts each Wednesday.

Starting in the month of November, we will begin our Share Activity.  Each student will be assigned a day to share about a topic that will be provided.

This week's goals:

Theme:  Pumpkins

Religion - We are sheep, God is the Good Shepherd
Math - Numbers 5 and 6; Sorting by what items have in common
English/Language Arts - Reading stories about pumpkins, letters and sounds: b and h, writing the letter b and h
Science - Pumpkins and how they grow


Have a great rest of the week!

Mrs. Paragas


No comments:

Post a Comment