Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Week 33

Dear TK Parents and Friends,

This week we are learning the following:
  • Mother Mary
  • Prayer: Hail Mary - students will be tested in 2 weeks
  • Frogs and amphibians
  • Vocabulary: habitat, croak, poison, gills
  • Life Cycle of Frogs
  • Sight Word: Have (please review all previous words) 
  • Addition to 5 and Addition to 10 - this will be ongoing until the end of the year
  • Count to 30
  • Letter Zz
I hope you received an email from the school regarding the school newsletter.  Mrs. Hayden's School Newsletter will now be available via Sycamore. I know that Sycamore can be overlooked by TK parents since you don't need to log on as often to record FISH hours or to check grades.  I do request that you check your Sycamore accounts regularly so don't miss out on any announcements. 

I sent home your child's parts for the class play, The Three Piggy Opera.  Every student has an important part in the class play.  If your child has speaking part, please practice their lines/songs.  All students will have a group singing part.  If your child only has a group singing part, I did not send home the lyrics to practice as we practice regularly in class.  

If you would like to schedule a conference with me, please send me an email.  Next week, K-8 will have portfolio conferences which TK will not participate in.  However, I am willing to meet with parents if you have any concerns.  I have notified you if I feel we need to discuss your child's progress.  

Next week we will review all letters, matching upper and lower case, and sounds; but our focus will be more on sight words and reading.  Please review your child's sight words.  There are 20 basic TK sight words I'd like all my students to master before Kindergarten.  If your child can read the 20 basic TK words without little to no trouble, here is a list of Dolch sight words to practice.

Here is a PDF of the TK Must Know Words.

Dolch Sight Words:  Pre-primer, then move to Primer and so forth.

The year is going super fast! Let's enjoy these last few weeks! :)

Thanks again for all you do!

Mrs. Paragas




No comments:

Post a Comment