Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Week 32

Dear TK Parents and Friends,

This week we are learning the following:

  • Jesus feeds us special food.  (Communion)
  • Letter Yy - sound, writing, words with beginning sound Yy
  • Sight word: You
  • Number 0-10 (writing)
  • Counting up to 29 (writing the number 29 is ideal but not required)
  • Numbers before and after a given number
  • The 3 Piggy Opera 
  • The Three Bears - the different versions; understanding vocabulary: porriage, frighten, trust, cooled, peek; setting and characters; retelling of the story
  • Introducing seeds and will continue this next week
During the month of May, we will be spending more time working on the student production of The Three Piggy Opera.  This play targets the following learning standards and objective:
  • Listening and speaking skills
  • Storytelling
  • Social Skills
  • Reading skills - characters, setting, plot
  • Performing Arts/Music skills
  • Performing Arts/Drama 
Our performance will be on June 9 at 10:45 AM.


An envelope with a yellow note was sent home today in your child's folder.  This envelope is for your son or daughter to earn money to purchase a Moother's Day gift.  Envelopes are due Wednesday, May 4.   This is not a school or grade level fund raiser.  All profits will be donated to the Precious Life Shelter.  

I would like to thank all of you for the wonderful flower pot.  It now resides in my kitchen soaking up the sun.  I appreciate you thinking of me on my birthday.  I always like reminding you that being able to teach your children is the most humbling gift of all.  I thank you each day for trusting me with their education!

I hope you have a great last week of April!

Your child's teacher,
Mrs. Paragas

No comments:

Post a Comment